BIEN is a motion design studio based in Los Angeles that focuses on inclusive motion design. We are always striving to give opportunities to artists with less experience or exposure, so we have created an apprenticeship program.
Why an apprenticeship program?
We want you to be in the nitty-gritty of our biggest projects and learn directly from our team. We’re looking for diverse, motivated students interested in an apprenticeship with an established studio. Are you interested in working with clients like Google, Facebook, Instagram, Red Hat, The World Bank, Disney, Target, Getty Museum, and others? If so, we’d love to have you apply.
- The internship is remote, but you must live and be able to work in the United States
- Currently be a senior-level student enrolled in a college level program, or self taught with a focus on motion design, illustration, or animation.
- Committed to becoming an advocate via inclusive motion design.
- Have strong communication habits, be extremely professional, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Must be genuinely passionate about design and animation.
- You will gain real-world experience of what it’s like to work with a studio, working with clients directly.
- You will get to learn from a diverse group of folks with a wide array of experience and skills. This will include BIEN mentors that will guide you through your time with the studio.
- This is for a 10-week engagement to start September 1.
- 16-24 hours per week (depending on course load). Hours must be completed during the week (Mon-Fri).
“I had such a great experience working with BIEN. The whole team was so welcoming from day one, I learned a lot at BIEN and I am happy to have created long lasting connections. On top of that, their dedication to inclusivity is impressive and I definitely left inspired to put out better, more inclusive work as an artist.” — Julie Nguyen